It started in Chicago, IL the day before I was supposed to leave. Yes you've already heard about this but I want it to start my story:

Then I stole "Holly's" minivan and packed it full of clothes, bags and toys. My first stop was Albuquerque, NM. Where I stayed with some classmates Danny and Paul, I slept in the front room, on an air mattress, alone. There, I found things to kill time so I didn't go crazy being without the fam:
#1 Mountain Biking
#2 Sushi
#3 Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Festival
There was a pink pig balloon and I thought Liberty would enjoy it. Because it's pink.
I then went on to Southern California. Where I stayed with my friends the Pierces, Eliot and Kim and their 4 kids. I slept up stairs, on the couch, alone. Although occasionally I was woke by little kids playing around me, which was ok since I was in their play room.
Having family and old friends around in San Diego helped pass the time. I connected with a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. And when I wasn't visiting people I was doing this:
Next I was off to Phoenix, AZ. Here, I get to stay with my aunt Darr and Uncle Bill. It's been great to see them. I've been doing a little exploring here too:
The only problem; all this time is I've been missing my favorite people. Holly, Liberty and Avery. Luckily, we live in modern times and have cell phones and web chats so we get to communicate. Plus, Holly has been good to update us all on the blog. One of the best things though was getting picture messages from Holly giving me little sneak peeks and updates on what was going on. So I thought I'd share some of these pictures and stories with you since they haven't made the blog yet.
They started with autumn hitting Waukegan and Holly went out to play with the kids at the park near our apartment. Holly said the whole time Avery kept bringing her sticks to take home. So she sent me a picture.
Then Holly called me one day to tell me Avery hadn't moved since she woke her up in the morning. The poor girl had a stiff neck and supposedly sat like this until about 5pm.
I guess they were out shopping one day before Halloween and Liberty found a pink wig. She tried it on and came up to Holly pleading, "Can I have it?"
Then Halloween came and Holly went to her parents for the next few weeks. Which is good, because I know she's getting lots of help with the kids. While there she sent me a picture of another pumpkin she carved just for me! Because she knows how important feet are to me being a podiatrist and all.
Then she went shopping for clothes with her mom and sent me a couple more pictures. One updating me on her baby bump (which she'll probably delete once she sees this post) and another of Liberty, because once Holly took one of herself Libby HAD to have one of her.
I'm so thankful that I have such a loving and supportive wife and kids. Who while I've been away have been making the best of their time without me there. Even though we won't be together this Thanksgiving I want you to know I love you Holly! I appreciate everything you do for me and the childrens.
And I have one more thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving: 9 more days and I'm starting my trip home.:)

















1 comment:
Awwwww...who knew my brother could be so sweet?!? What a lucky guy to have such an amazing wife and daughters! Glad you will all be together soon!!!
Post a Comment