Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Libby went to her first day of kindergarten today. We took her picture outside our front door. She has afternoon kindergarten so we had a lot of time to get a photo shoot in.
Avery of course wanted her picture taken too. She here is the kindergartener and her little sister.
We dropped them off outside the school and they had to walk in all by themselves. She didn't even hesitate. She just got out of the car and walked right into the school, didn't even look back. I kind of cried about that. I'm pretty sure I missed her way more than she missed me.
There she is walking into her brand new school all by herself.
Here is Avery waiting outside for her big sister to get off the bus.
Libby just got off the school bus, apparently the sun was in her face. Not ideal for taking pictures, but we'll take what we can get.
There is a little better picture. (darn that sun)
I can't believe how fast she has grown up. So far she likes kindergarten, she says they don't get to play at all, she is a little bummed about that but she still excited to go tomorrow so I guess she wasn't too bummed out.
.
Here are a couple of random pictures because I realized Bristol isn't in this post at all. So here is Libby and Bristol watching TV in Libby tube.

If you can't tell Jake gave Bristol a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup wrapper to play with. He is so pleased with himself for coming up with such a great toy.

2 comments:

Butler Family said...

on my goodness those girls are so BEAUTIFUL!!! And how weird Libby is already in Kindergarten. Time goes by so fast

David and Jessi said...

Libby looks so excited for kindergarten! Love it!