I dont' usually blog about myself, because my kids are so much more interesting, but I as I am sitting here in my hospital bed, I am going to make a little post about what has happened in my life the past few days. First of all I found out I was pregnant a week ago Sunday, but later in the week I started to have some really bad pain in my lower stomach. I went to the ER on Thursday night, they checked for an ectopic pregnancy, which they didn't think they found. I continued to be in a lot of pain, and made an appointment with my OB on Monday, who wanted to re run the tests they had done on Thursday. They did an ultra sound and found a lot of dense fluid , so they called my doctor to come and do surgery on me. I had had an ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured. The doctor took out about a liter and a half of blood out of my stomach, and had to remove my left fallopian tube and some of my left ovary. As difficult as that was to deal with, the doctor has told me we should be able to get pregnant again, he said my other tube and ovary looked just fine. The moral of the story is (if you are from Chicago and know the Vista Hospital) avoid Vista ER, they should have had me in surgery 5 days ago, and I could be home spending my birthday with my family instead of being alone in this hospital room. Sorry for such a depressing post.
9 comments:
Wow!! I am so sorry all of this has been going on with you. You are in our thoughts and prayers and if you need anything let us know!! Sorry about the pregnancy but you are in our prayers and we hope one day soon you guys will get pregnant again and not have to experience this again!!
Holly! I talked to your mom yesterday, and I heard what happened. I hope you're doin' okay. Your cute little family is in our prayers. Love you - Jilly
Hi Holly, we're thinking of you and would like to watch your girls for you if you need us or dinner or errands or whatever... so let us know. Oh and yeah, Vista stinks... I've had a real bad experience there as well. What hospital are you at now?
We're so sorry, Holly. Please know we're thinking of you and can't wait for you to be back home with Jake and the girls...I know they can't wait either!
Love you! Happy Birthday!
Holly, I hope you get to return home soon! I am thinking of you. Wish I was there to help.
Holly,
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Please let us know if you need anything. Take care.
I'm so sorry to hear all of this, especially on your birthday and just before Christmas. What a blessing it is that you didn't travel anywhere for Christmas this year!! Wish we were there to do something for you!! You're in our prayers! Get better soon and have a Merry Christmas!!!!!
That last post was from me (Adrienne) by the way. I didn't know I was signed in under my sister's account!
Holly, I'm sorry to hear about all of this! I'm glad you posted this...I will be thinking of you and your family and our prayers are with you!
Post a Comment