My baby sister died one year ago on January 31, so I went home to help do her temple work. It was a sad, but wonderful day.


I was able to stand in for Jana when she got sealed to her husband Brock. You can see the love they have for each other.




Although a year seems like a long time, it still doesn't seem like long enough to heal the hurt. Somedays I still can't believe she is gone. But I have faith that because of temple ordinances, we will get to see her again, that is a big part of how I deal with it all. But until that day comes, I will continue to miss her.

6 comments:
Oh, Holly...this just pulls at my heartstrings. I am so happy to hear that they got their temple work done...I bet that was such a special day. You're family is just so amazing! And you and Jana (actually, your entire family) have always had a special place in my heart! Love you and hope all is well! :)
i've been thinking about this for a week! she just looks so happy. ;) it's so great that you got to be the one to proxy for your sister. we'll get together in a week or so when the new rotation starts... just to break up your day a little bit. ;)
We love you so much. Hugs.
That was such a touching post. I'm sure you felt her presence as you helped her with the sealing. I'm so glad I had the honor of meeting her. It's obvoius that she loves her husband very much. Thank you for posting that.
Holly,
I'm glad I found your blog again and I'm glad that you posted this. I have been thinking of you and your family alot lately and hope that you are all doing well. Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers even still, one year later. What an amazing experiance for you and your family. Hope all is well.
Holly,
I've tried to comment on this post so many times. The first time I read it, I cried (suprise, suprise, huh :)I love the pictures you chose. It shows jana as her true self. I'm glad I was able to see you while you were here. Love you guys! -jill
Post a Comment